Prices and Schedules
- Visits are guided.
- Head to Casas Altas - Reception for the start of the visit.
- Tickets are sold at the entrance to the Alter Stud Farm (Tapada do Arneiro).
- Closed on Monday.
- Closed on 1st January, 24th December and on the 25th December holiday.
From Tuesday to Sunday.
- 1st Visit 10:30h
- 2nd Visit 15:00h
Group visits by appointment can take place at any time, according to the interests of the group and availability of the Stud.
- Reception - Casas Altas
- Mares herd (from 3rd to 6th, conditioned to the management phase of the herd): Arrival and departure to the field / Pátio das Éguas
- D. João VI Courtyard (Alter Real Stable): Roughing, Selection and Testing Activities
- Train’s House
* If you want to see the mares herd contact us in advance to confirm that the mares come to the mount.
Duration: minimum 2h.
Schedule of Visits
Telephone: +351 245 610 060
Mobile Phone: +351 961 733 371
By appointment, horse riding, horse trip and horse-drawn carriage rides are possible.
Phone: +351 245 610 060
Mobile: +351 961 733 371
The Vila Galé Collection Alter Real - Equestrian Resort, Conference & Spa is the new hotel integrated in the Alter Stud Farm. It is a 4-star hotel with 77 rooms, two outdoor pools for adults and one for children, SPA with heated indoor pool, restaurant with regional cuisine, bar, library, wine cellar, two meeting rooms and an event hall. It also has a traditional oil mill fully recovered, falconry, which has also been fully rehabilitated, and its museum, as well as the horse museum.
This hotel, recovered and operated by the Vila Galé Group, uses some of the centuries-old buildings of the Alter Stud Farm, a property of the Portuguese State managed by Companhia das Lezírias, and is dedicated to the equestrian theme.
Taking advantage of the privileged location of Tapada do Arneiro, built by King D. João V in the 19th century. XVIII, is an excellent place to serve as a base to learn about the history of the Stud Farm, enjoy the pleasures of horseback riding, through the countless equestrian activities that are provided by the Stud, both for adults and children, and to make contact with the remarkable heritage historical-natural and archaeological of the region, as well as with the flavors of the renowned Alentejo gastronomy.
Alter Stud Farm
Tapada do Arneiro
7440-152 Alter do Chão
Phone: +351 245 610 060
Phone: +351 266 760 809
Mobile Phone: +351 961 560 383
Molecular Genetics Laboratory
Phone: +351 214 403 500 | +351 245 610 070 / 72 / 73
Fax: +351 245 610 071